Your product IS your business. When showing it to your public via print or on the web, you want it to look it’s best. It could make the difference between clinching the sale and losing out to the competition. Aris Affairs Photography would like to remind Prescott businesses of some things to keep in mind when hiring a professional photographer to take your product photos.
- Involve your web designer – In most cases, the type of photographs you use for your website can affect the quality of your pictures as well as the speed of your website. Your web designer will know which file types you should get. The web designer also knows how and where the pictures will be used and is able to help you determine the type of photos you will need to make your website the best it can be.
- The Right “Feel” – Think about how you will be using your images. Should they be just catalog style pictures, or do you want them to show the function of your product. Knowing how you want to use your product photos will help you choose the photographer for the job. As you look through portfolios for potential photographers, make sure their work feels right for your product.
- Post Processing – When choosing a professional photographer, you will want to find out if your photographer can also do any post processing that may be required. This can be something as simple as adjusting the contract to enhance your product, or even changing the background if needed. This “finishing touch” can make big difference in your finished photo.
- Do A Test Run – Once you have chosen a professional photographer, it may be a good idea to do a small test run of a few products to make sure that you are satisfied with the results and so the photographer gets a feel for what you actually want. Most photographers are willing to work with you because they also want you to be satisfied with the finished product.
- Get It In Writing – Finally, making sure the parameters for the shoot and the desired end product should be in writing to avoid any misunderstandings. This agreement should cover costs, copyright of photos (if any), timing and details of finished product to be delivered and costs for additional finished photos after the initial contract.
Professional product photographs can add value to your website and make your product stand out. For professional product photography in Prescott, look no further than Aris Affairs Photography. To get a quote or discuss your photographic needs, just call 928-642-4049