Before you stare into your closet in despair or speed to the mall, consider these top five tips from Aris Affairs Photography on how to dress for your Prescott engagement photoshoot. Beautiful photos are simpler than you think.
1. Choose outfits that feel like ‘you’. Whether you’re a cowgirl or a girly-girl or classic dresser, choose clothing and accessories that are true to your personality. Be yourself, literally. What you choose will also help your photographer understand your personality and influence how she decides to shoot you.
2. Comfort counts. Of course, classic posed portraits can be breathtaking treasures, but frequently it’s the spontaneous action shots that are the most striking. Choose outfits that give you room to move around, that fit well and are flattering from all angles. Being comfortable will translate into your photos so make sure to choose clothes that leave you looking and feeling beautifully relaxed.
3. Go for color. Opt for bold colors for your engagement photos. Choose complementary colors (not, matchy-matchy) for your outfit as well as for each other’s outfits that would work well with any style of background. Consider really turning up the volume with color-blocking. It’s very flattering and won’t end up dating your photos as trending styles might.
4. Use simple accessories or props. Most people either aren’t used to or don’t know how to comfortably pose. Accessories or props can give them something to do. Even pockets in your outfit can help. Don’t know where to place those momentarily awkward hands? Pockets! Don’t limit yourself. Think long strands of pearls, fun hats and accessories that reflect your other loves. How about bringing along your guitar or beloved pets?
5. Think multiples. Consider more than one outfit or look. Pack a few of your favorite quick-change looks including something classic for those traditional shots that you’ll still love decades from now.
Be the couple that takes the cake for making the most of their engagement photo shoot by incorporating these style tips and more. If you’re ready to book your Prescott engagement photo shoot, call Aris Affairs Photography today at 928-642-4049.