One great reason to take engagement photos is that it provides a great opportunity to work for the first time with the person who will be your wedding photographer. You can become familiar with their style and begin to feel at ease in front of their lens. What is the best way and time to schedule this? Aris Affairs Photography, local Prescott photographer, offers tips for scheduling engagement photos.
The best time to schedule your engagement photos depends primarily on how you plan to use them and when. You should make your plans around what works for you. Here are some options:
- On the very first day or two of your engagement. In other words, get pictures taken of yourselves to commemorate the moment you get engaged – you’ll already be wearing a naturally happy smile! Capture the spontaneity!
- During the first weeks or month. If you plan to submit a formal engagement announcement with a photo to your local paper, set up a photo shoot early in your engagement. Check your newspaper’s deadlines and requirements.
- At about the same time that you set the wedding date. Get photos taken for your wedding website and incorporate photos of yourselves into the website design.
- About three months before the wedding. This can be great timing for your newspaper wedding announcement. Larger newspapers request that they receive wedding submissions up to six weeks before the event. This gives you enough time before that deadline to see your proofs and make prints.
- About one month before the wedding. If you would like your radiant faces on the wedding program or favors, one month will usually give you plenty of time to see proofs, select your favorites and choose what you would like to get printed.
Aris Affairs Photography, your local Prescott wedding photographer, offers these helpful ideas for the best time to schedule your engagement photos. We specialize in making sure you are both having a great time that will result in capturing unforgettably beautiful memories. Call Aris Affairs Photography today at 928-642-4049 to schedule your engagement photo shoot.