No matter who your customer is or what type of business you have, high quality graphics for your website are a must. Aris Affairs Photography has some recommendations that will enhance your Prescott small business website.
All images are not free.
Images on the internet are usually owned by the websites that posted them. If you’re looking for an image on Google Images, you need to be sure that the images are public domain. You can do an advanced search on Google and filter the search by usage rights. Even still, Google notes that image licenses can’t be guaranteed, which is a good reason to look for alternative sources.
If you decide to purchase stock images, make sure you focus on your business branding and your customers so that your images have the greatest impact on your targeted audience.
Once you’ve found the best images for your targeted audience, remember that the larger the picture the more expensive the price. For print media, such as brochures, business cards or flyers, at least 300 dpi is recommended. For web use, a smaller and more affordable image will work. The size of the photo should correlate to your purpose. If you’re using the same image for both web and print, choose the higher resolution images since they can be easily reduced for your needs.
Here are some things to consider when taking photos:
- Headshots should include appropriate clothing and accessories
- Use sufficient lighting and have the lighting source above the subject or to the side but never behind
- Don’t use a camera flash if the object might reflect it
- Don’t use a camera flash on a person
- Use a solid-colored background that contrasts the subject of your photo
- Consider using a professional light box kit that will show off your products with the optimum background and lighting
- Try to use a consistent orientation – either landscape or portrait
- Finish your photos using a quality photo editor to make the best of your pics
For professional images for your Prescott business website, trust Aris Affairs Photography to produce the high quality photographs that will set your business apart. Call for an appointment today at 928-642-4049.