Have you noticed that Christmas cards have turned into family portraits with a small seasonal greeting? Good or bad, this is the new trend. Yes, it is June, but now is the time to start considering those family photos. With social media, most of us have a way to watch our friends and relatives grow in their lives, but there is something about that photo during the holidays that we look forward to seeing. Aris Affairs Photography, your professional family photographer in Prescott, can help you get that amazing family photo to make your holiday cards sizzle.
The question of the day: Is your holiday card going to make a splash or will it be easily forgotten? Doing the photoshoot yourself can be a daunting task – to gather the pets and kids for a Kodak moment. Does it really do your family justice to make that photo the one your distant relatives and friends look forward to seeing? To help save you from some of the “do-it-yourself” pitfalls, here are some basic tips:
1. Just one is enough. Have you heard the saying, “less is more”? I know it is hard to pick which is the best, but one large picture is much better than a small picture surrounded by many thumbnails.
2. Your family, not your vacation. Remember, you are sending a card to your friends and relatives. They would much rather see your faces than your vacation. Don’t let the Grand Canyon or the ocean become the focus of the photo – they want to see you and your beautiful family.
3. No strangers, please. Please, no random people. This will make your friends and family believe your family has grown.
4. The greeting is the central theme, right? Is the card about you and yours or is it intended to wish your family a wonderful, blessed holiday season? Remember to make the greeting stand out, rather than tiny print that comes across as an afterthought to the showcase of you and yours.
5. Quality. Please spend the extra few bucks on quality paper. It makes all the difference in the world.
6. Be timely. Life is busy, but be on time for the holiday. Maybe sending a New Year’s card is what you would like to do….just be on time.
Don’t let the holiday season creep up on you. If you would like to share your family with others, now is the time for a family portrait. Aris Affairs Photography, your local family photographer in Prescott, can help make those holiday cards the perfect balance of showing off your family, while still being thoughtful. To schedule an appointment, either at our studio or while you’re out on an adventure, please give us a call at 928-642-4049.